Welcome back to school, Bobcats!
Stay tuned for details about our February Bobcat Bash fundraiser!
Buy a Brick!
Leave your family’s legacy on the campus of Mitchell by purchasing a brick in the kindergarten courtyard. Everyone has an opportunity to get involved…purchase one for your whole family, for each child, or in the name of a special person or teacher in your child’s life. Mitchell’s courtyard is dedicated to the many students, teachers and families who have embraced its motto, “To Be Your Best, Give Your Best.” To download forms click on the “Buy a Brick” logo to your right or click here. Cost per brick is $100. Deadline to order is May 4th.
The Henry T. Mitchell Elementary Foundation was established as a not-for-profit organization in 2004, to develop a long-range improvement plan for our school. The Foundation has partnered with the PTA, the School Administration and the District to make capital improvements, purchase equipment and supplies, and to provide support to faculty and staff. With all partners working together, the Foundation has been able to fund and support the following:
- A covered play court and pavilion, with new basketball hoops
- New playground equipment with rubberized play surface
- Installation of commemorative pavers in the Kindergarten wing, with new garden benches
- Purchased 5 Mimio boards
- Continued maintenance and replenishment of mulch to our playground area, as well as landscaping for the covered court
- Enhanced the perimeter fence with brick columns and steel fencing
- Purchased 20 Smart Boards in collaboration with PTA and Administration
- Continue to supplement the salary for the Strings
In order to continue with our objectives, we need the support of our Mitchell families. The Foundation raises funds for all projects and programs through various means, most notably our fall mailer which will be sent to parents in October and our fundraiser event which will be held this spring.The Foundation welcomes your involvement! By working together, we can continue to support and enhance the educational opportunities for our students. Meetings are held on the third Monday of each month at 7:30 a.m. in the school’s conference room.
For further information about how you can get involved, please contact the front office at 872-5216.