The Henry L. Mitchell Elementary Foundation was established as a not-for-profit organization in 2004, to develop a long-range improvement plan for our school. The Foundation has partnered with the PTA, the School Administration and the District to make capital improvements, purchase technology and equipment, and to provide support to faculty and staff. In 2016 the Foundation was able to fund the track, playground shade structure, picnic tables and benches. With all partners working together, the Foundation has been able to fund and support the following:
- Three-lane track
- Playground shade structure
- New picnic tables and benches
- A covered play court and pavilion, with new basketball hoops
- New playground equipment with rubberized play surface
- Installation of commemorative pavers in the Kindergarten wing, with new garden benches
- Purchased 5 Mimio boards
- Continued maintenance and replenishment of mulch to our playground area, as well as landscaping for the covered court
- Enhanced the perimeter fence with brick columns and steel fencing
- Purchased 20 Smart Boards in collaboration with PTA and Administration
- New morning show audio-visual equipment
- Campus beautification with new landscaping around the exterior
- New Classroom rugs for all kindergarten classrooms
- Continued support of the annual salary for the Strings Program
In order to continue with our objectives, we need the support of our Mitchell families. The Foundation raises funds for all projects and programs through various means, most notably our annual auction, the Bobcat Bash, which will be held in January this year. The Foundation welcomes your involvement! By working together, we can continue to support and enhance the educational opportunities for our students.
Meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month, at 8:00 a.m. in the school’s media center.
2016 – 2017 Foundation Officers
For further information about how you can get involved, please contact us at email@example.com.