Welcome to Mitchell Elementary! As President of the Henry T. Mitchell Elementary Foundation, I would like to share with you some information about the Foundation and what we do to support and enhance the educational opportunities for our students.
Henry T. Mitchell Elementary Foundation was established as a not-for-profit organization in 2004. The Foundation has partnered with the PTA, the School Administration, and the District to make capital improvements to our school, purchase equipment and supplies, and to provide support to faculty and staff.
Past achievements include:
- Equipping our teachers with the latest technology
- 65″ interactive display panels for the classrooms (2019-21)
- 200+ student laptops (2017-19)
- 60+ teacher laptops (2020)
- 30 iPads for hands-on use by students in the classrooms
- New desktop computers in the media center (2022)
- Computer carts for testing (2022)
- Document cameras for every classroom (2022)
- Additional student computers (2022)
- Maintaining and enhancing our beautiful campus
- Turf under new playground (Nov 2022)
- Covered play court and pavilion including new basketball hoops
- Playground equipment with rubberized play surface
- Landscaping for the covered court and playground area
- Commemorative pavers with new garden benches
- Raised garden beds to serve as an outdoor learning environment
- Providing financial underwriting assistance for our Strings program
- Offer program to all kindergarteners and for students who elect to participate in grades 1-5
In order to fulfill our mission, we need the support of our Mitchell families. The Foundation raises funds for all projects and programs through the annual Bobcat Bash fundraiser. This school year’s event will be held on Saturday April 1, 2023 at the Tampa Garden Club .
Please feel free to contact me or any other Board Member if you have any questions or suggestions on how we can better serve Mitchell. We want to hear from you! Thank you for your time. We are looking forward to another wonderful year at Mitchell Elementary.
Mitchell Elementary Foundation’s Mission Statement:
I. We will foster parent, community and school partnerships to strengthen Mitchell through:
- Facility and Site Enhancements
- Curriculum/Program/Equipment Enhancements
- Teacher Support
II. We will partner with the School District of Hillsborough County in the development and implementation of a comprehensive long-range plan that puts students’ needs and safety in the forefront while incorporating Mitchell’s historic and urban issues.
Mitchell Elementary Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non- profit organization. All donations are tax deductible.